The Food Files: Mushroom Gravy

I have been having a wonderful time reintroducing myself to food following the Dr. Sebi, bio-chemical food list! This has present me with new challenges and a whole new terrain to troubleshoot, as I seek the rich tastes that I am familiar with in "soul food". A good guiltless, gravy is essential to the refortification of the spirit! (in my head)

Ingredients
 
5 brown crimini mushroom
1 yellow onion
1/2 green bell pepper
1 c spring water
>1/4 c. teff flour to thicken
grapeseed oil 
Sea salt 
red pepper
 
Directions
 
Mushroom gravy over Quorn sausage. I love Quorn products
because they are all 100% myco or mushroom based.



 
1. Finely chop all ingredients and add to hot oiled skillet.
 
2. Season. Sauté until brown.
 
3. Add full cup of water.
 
4. Begin to slowly add flour. Continually mixing to avoid lumps.
 
Reduce heat.
 
5. Add more seasoning to taste.
 
 
 
I like my gravy with the chucks of veggies. Add to food processor to smooth.
 
Serve hot!
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 


Comments